Nabba History - part 2
To meet these ends we publish the following codes of ethics for the
guidance of competitors and officials of NABBA:
We, the bodybuilders, realizing that our conduct reflects on the good
name of the sport of bodybuilding, and realizing the responsibility thereby
placed upon us, pledge ourselves:
1. To fulfill our responsibility to society, to our coaches, and to
the officials and administrators of NABBA.
2. To honor, dignify and support the sport of bodybuilding by competing
to the best of our ability, and to be in top shape when giving an exhibition
or a seminar.
3. To respect our opponents on equal terms in the spirit of friendly
rivalry and good sportsmanship.
4. To respect the rules of competition and to observe them honestly
in cooperation with the officials.
5. To accept the decisions of the judges in the spirit of good sportsmanship
without descending to selfish recriminations, realizing that those decisions
have been made honestly and objectively.
6. To continue striving for bodily perfection and correct moral principles.
7. To honor the special trust conferred on us by our participation and
representation of our country, and to adhere to the standards of personal
conduct expected of us.
8. To recognize the value of bodybuilding and to promote its future
by serving as an example to inspire other young people to participate.
9. To cooperate with our administrators in the development of high standards,
both moral and physical, for the sport of bodybuilding and in the progressive
furtherance of the aims of NABBA.
10. To strive to eliminate the use of drugs in the sport.